Quick Links: Skip to main page content
- An entity hired to act on behalf and/or represent an organization or person for a specific matter such as the recovery of a Medicare lien.
- Allowed Amount
- The most that the primary insurer is responsible for paying for a specific covered service or supply.
- The process of the beneficiary or the beneficiary's representative challenging the final amount owed to Medicare on the recovery of claims, once the recovery demand letter has been issued.
- A person licensed to practice law.
- Attorney Costs
- The expenses an attorney accrues beyond his/her agreed upon fees.
- Attorney Fees
- An amount set forth and agreed upon between the attorney and client who entered into a legal contract for representation of a legal issue.
- An adjustment or agreement by which parties having a dispute reach or ascertain what each owes the other.